Been about two weeks since I last posted…been busy with work and other stuff, but rest assured once the season starts, I’ll be posting recaps of just about every home game from my view in section 104.
* Renewed my season tickets the other day…same seats in the corner as I had last year but now on the other side of the court in 104 across from the Maverick bench. Good seats and a great value for the money in my opinion.
* The schedule is out, and we’ll go more game-by-game in future blog posts, but it’s a shame that North Texas isn’t on the schedule. We’ve got the usual big teams like Texas on the road, a game at Kentucky and home games at CPC vs. mid-major schools (Cleveland State, Samford, Weber State) along with a few smaller schools (Dallas Baptist, Howard Payne).
* I don’t know the specifics of how or why the UTA-UNT game isn’t being played this year. UNT’s conference home schedule has some good teams visiting Denton (Southern Miss, Tulane, Old Dominion, Tulsa), but their fans will also see games against 4 non-Div. I schools (I think) before conference play starts.
* The official UTA basketball website is full of good information, and here’s a link to a video interview they did with a few of the players.
* The Shorthorn had an interesting story about injuries to the team, and another story talks about how injuries disrupt practice.
* Spanish website Deporteyocio.es has an interesting interview with freshman center/forward Jorge Bilbao.
Translated interview URL: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://www.deporteyocio.es/2013/09/entrevistas-el-futuro-del-baloncesto.html
Original spanish URL: http://www.deporteyocio.es/2013/09/entrevistas-el-futuro-del-baloncesto.html
* Texas State has released their basketball schedule.
* Troy has released their basketball schedule.
* ULM has released their basketball schedule. One of the toughest non-conference schedules I’ve seen in a long time from a Southland, WAC or Sun Belt school. Am I the only one that remembers Coach Mike Vining bringing his super-talented Northeast Louisiana teams in to Texas Hall every year? Those teams were big, physical and could really shoot the ball. Will be interesting to see how the UTA-La-Monroe matchups play out 20 years later.